Graphcoa is a graphite development company with several highly prospective and strategically located graphite deposits in Brazil
Graphcoa is a graphite development company with several highly prospective and strategically located graphite deposits in Brazil. Graphite is a crucial component of EV battery functionality and performance, and 150 pounds of graphite are required for the anode of each EV battery pack. Graphite battery demand is expected to grow by a CAGR of 20% from 2022-2035. The investment in Graphcoa provides Appian with exposure to the rapidly growing graphite market and aligns with the firm’s focus on energy transition metals.
Graphcoa has strong fundamentals including:
- Well-defined plan in place to develop the resource and finance the asset into production
- Near-term starter project (at area A) with large organic growth pipeline including large prospective land package with significant potential resource upside
- Value-add opportunity through construction of downstream plant to produce spherical graphite for the EV industry
- The project is strategically located and will be one of the first Western graphite producers, capable of supplying North American and European EV battery gigafactories
- Highly attractive market for natural graphite expected to grow exponentially driven by increased electric vehicle adoption. >95% of all predominant battery technologies’ anodes consist of graphite
For more information about Graphcoa please click here.